- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Fluorite and Super UD Elements
- Air Sphere and Super Spectra Coatings
- Ring-Type USM AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Focus Range Limiter, Two Focus Presets
- Outstanding Image Quality, 800mm Super-telephoto Fixed Focal Length Lens Expands the EOS R System
- Impressively Light at 6.9 lbs., While Retaining High Levels of Image Quality
- Minimum Focusing Distance of Approx. 8.53 ft. / 2.6 m.
- Compatible with Canon RF1.4x and 2x Extenders
- Optical Image Stabilization with up to 4.5 Stops of Shake Correction
- Super Spectra Coating (SSC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC) Helps Minimize Ghosting and Flare
- Two Focus Presets Available - Instantly Return to One or Two Memorized Focus Distances
The RF800mm F5.6 L IS USM expands the EOS R System for professional and advanced photographers looking for the excellent image quality of a Canon L series super-telephoto lens. Perfect for wildlife, motorsports, and more, the lens feature two large-diameter Fluorite elements, one Super UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) and one UD-glass element, and Air Sphere Coating for outstanding correction of color fringing and superb contrast and sharpness. At an 800mm focal length, this lens enables you to achieve incredibly soft backgrounds and tremendous visual impact. Optical image stabilization provides for up to 4.5 stops of shake correction, delivering consistent and sharp results, and at its minimum focus distance, you can fill the frame with a subject as small as a sparrow. It's compatible with both RF1.4x and RF2x Extenders for even more reach focal lengths of 1120mm and 1600mm. At an impressively light 6.9 lbs., the RF800mm F5.6 L IS USM is versatile and lightweight making it easy to bring the action clear and up close.
L Series Optics
- Featuring an optical design based on past EF and RF super-telephoto lenses, this lens features top-range optics designed for the most demanding shooting applications.
- Fluorite and Super Ultra Low-Dispersion (UD) elements virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations for outstanding clarity and color accuracy, void of chromatic aberrations or fringing.
- The advanced optical design also contributes to the sleeker, more portable form factor of this RF-mount, mirrorless lens.
- Both Air Sphere and Super Spectra Coatings improve image quality by maintaining high contrast and color accuracy while reducing lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
USM Autofocus and Image Stabilization
- Ultrasonic Motor delivers fast, accurate, and near-silent autofocus performance to benefit both photo and video applications.
- Impressively close 8.5' minimum focusing distance, and a maximum magnification of 0.34x, suit working with nearby subjects, such as close-range wildlife, birds, and athletes.
- Variable speed manual focusing offers three options for greater focusing control and full-time manual focus support permits making focus adjustments without switching modes.
- Two focus presets can be stored for immediate recall to a specified focus distance.
- Focus range limiter improves responsiveness by constraining the usable focusing range.
- Benefitting handheld and monopod-based shooting, Optical Image Stabilization compensates for 4.5 stops of camera shake for sharper imagery. Due to the long focal length, in-body image stabilization, or Coordinated IS, from EOS R-series bodies is not supported with this lens.
Intuitive Handling and Professional Reliability
- Relatively lightweight and compact, this 800mm f/5.6 lens weighs 6.9 lb and measures 17"-long, making it realistic to use atop a monopod or even handheld for short periods of time.
- Built-in rotating tripod mount suits work with the lens atop a monopod or tripod and enable quick switching between vertical and horizontal shooting orientations.
- Weather-sealed design for reliable use in inclement conditions.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear elements helps repel moisture, dust, and fingerprints and is also easier to clean.
- Distinctive heat-resistant white paint finish.
- Accepts drop-in style 52mm filters toward the rear of the lens.
- Compatible with optional Extender RF 1.4x and 2x teleconverters for further extending the effective reach of this lens.
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Minimum Focus Distance||8.5' / 2.6 m|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Fixed and Rotating|
|Filter Size||52 mm (Drop-In)|
|Weight||6.9 lb / 3.1 kg|
|In The Box||Canon RF 800mm f/5.6 L IS USM Lens
Canon Lens Dust Cap RF
Canon Drop-In Screw Filter Holder 52 (WIII) with Protector Filter
Limited 1-Year Warranty